TANZANIA ATOMIC ENERGY COLLEGE (TAECO)
TAECO is an affiliated semi-independent college that was established in 2022 in order to facilitate the implementation of the Atomic Energy Act 2003, Sections 6 (1): m, n, o, r. In this case, TAECO is mandated to provide and implement programs for the training of persons to become qualified experts in the development and practical applications of atomic energy, nuclear technology and the use of the radiation sources and radiation protection.
The increase in the use of nuclear technology in the country due to development towards industrialization, improving health facilities, sanitary and water improvement, quality education, increasing agricultural produce and preservation, and promotion of researches in all socio-economical activities has increased the demand of the trained and qualified human resources. Therefore, the following individuals may apply for TAECO programs;
- Form four leavers who have Certificates of Secondary Education (CSEE) with appropriate passes in science subjects
- Form six leavers who have Certificates of Secondary Education (ACSEE) with appropriate passes in science subjects
- Radiation Protection and Safety (NTA Levels 4 – 6) and
- Electronics and Nuclear Instrumentation (NTA Levels 4 – 6).
- For NTA Level 4:
Certificate of Secondary Education with minimum of four (4) “D” Grade in science subjects.
- For NTA Level 5:
Basic Technician Certificate (NTA Level 4) in respective program.
- For NTA Level 6:
Technician Certificate (NTA level 5) in the respective program.
Njiro Area Block J, Plot No. 216, P.O Box 743, Arusha
- For further details on TAECO you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org